Saturday, February 18, 2012

Itinerary in India

2/19/12

It is early Sunday morning as I write. I have a flight to catch this morning. I have worked it to reduce my bags to two for this next long trip - keeping it simple - leaving one bag with my friends at the monastery. This is my itinerary for the rest of my trip, some of it not at all specific yet.

2/19-2/23 Flight to Varanasi (formerly known as Banares) and surrounding area - boating on the Ganges (sunset or sunrise), sight seeing, visit to Buddhist sacred site
2/23-2/25 Overnight train from Varanasi to Agra - guided tour of Taj Mahal and Fathapur Sikre, beginning personalized flexible chauffeur driven tour of Rajasthan (perhaps limited internet access).
2/25-3/19 Visiting Bharatpur, Rathanbore Fort and National Park (best place to see Tigers!), Kota* and Piploda, Jaipur (elephant festival 3/7 and Holi festival 3/8), Ajmer*, and Pushkar, Nasirabad*and Ashapura, Beawar* and Todgarh, Udaipur, Jodhpur*, Bikaner*, Bindi, Jaisalmer, (6 hour camel ride into the desert), Khuri, Mandura, and back to Delhi. [places marked* are where my grandparents were stationed].

3/21-4/8 Fly to Chennai and visit Vellore, Kerala, Bangalore, Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Nashik, Ahmadnagar, Meherabad, Aurangabad before flying back to Delhi for four nights at the House and flight back to US on 4/12.

No comments:

Post a Comment