Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Traveling to Chennai and Vellore

3/21/12

I'm grateful this morning for the efficiency of public transportation in Delhi. By four means of conveyance I reached the Domestic Terminal at Indira Gandhi Airport - by car to the Metro, from the Metro to the Airport line, and from a stop on the airport line by shuttle bus to the Terminal - all in less than an hour and for $2. I am traveling by Indigo Airlines to Chennai. The flight is estimated to be 2hrs 40mins. From there a car from Vellore Christian Medical College will meet me and transport me to the Big Bungalow, once occupied by the founder of the CMC, Ida Scudder, but now used as accommodation for visitors. Thanks to the good agencies of Melanie in NYC and Mrs Sundari Edwin (whom WEPC folks might remember from a visit last year) I have visits and tours arranged for me for tomorrow and then on Friday I fly to Kochi on the coast, in Kerala for some sightseeing and relaxation. The saying "flying by the seat of your pants" I think would apply to that flight as I have not been able to purchase it yet !!!

2 comments:

  1. While you melt today in Chennai, just keep your thoughts of finally being on the shore tomorrow - yay, ocean breezes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,indeed Suzanne. I'm glad but not getting my hopes up too high, since it is even further south! I'll keep you posted :)

    ReplyDelete