Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sands of Time and of Goa

3/28/12

Reporting from Goa beach and a beautiful hotel called Tarika's Sea Breeze which just about describes the whole experience. I have been kicking back here and playing in the waves, enjoying some fish and seafood, watching families playing cricket on the beach (only in India!?) In case some of you did not notice India beat Pakistan in the Asia Cup one-day test cricket competition only to be eliminated in overall performance. Then Bangladesh having exceeded all expectation in reaching the final with Pakistan and with one bowl left to decide the match lost by three runs to Pakistan. I watched most of both these exciting cricket matches in the past two weeks. It is the only TV I have watched while in India, but then again those of you who know me, know I watch next to none at home either. The India Pakistan match as you might imagine roused a lot of sentiment all over the country - perhaps even more than a Scotland-England football match would ... well maybe:). Its good to have my body back to normal appetite and digestion. Tomorrow I am onward bound to Mumbai for four nights and no doubt some more sight-seeing adventures.

 View in one direction
 View in the other

 Towards sunset



 Some cricket action - the best kind - an extended family on the beach
  Wider view of the cricket

1 comment:

  1. So, so beautiful and what a welcome respite from the crowds and urban sprawl! I've watched cricket and it's completely baffling. I will never understand...

    ReplyDelete